Thursday, July 2, 2009

Science Fiction 20 – Walter M Miller Jr, Naomi Mitchison & Michael Moorcock

Moving right along – another entry in the continuing unveiling of my book collection.

First up, the classic Science Fiction novel, A Canticle for Leibowitz, a great post apocalypse novel by Walter M Miller Jr. There was sequel, Saint Leibowitz and the Wild Horse Woman, which I didn’t like at all and conveniently lost when I loaned it to a friend. I can’t remember if I’ve ever read the stories in The Best of Walter M Miller Jr, but there it is in my library.

miller_canticle miller_bestof

Likewise with Naomi Mitchison’s Memoirs of a Spacewoman – something of a rarity I imagine these days.

mitchison_spacewoman

And on to Michael Moorcock

I have a small collection of some of his books, never really getting into to his Elric and Jerry Cornelius series. I do however have a complete collection of the Dancers At The End of Time trilogy...

moorcock_alienheat moorcock_hollow moorcock_endofsongs

…and spin off novels.

moorcock_messiah moorcock_legends

A few Michael Moorcock oddments…

moorcock_una moorcock_gloriana

And a rather beautiful Savoy paperback edition of The Golden Barge.

moorcock_barge_front moorcock_barge_back

Front Cover

Back Cover

Next – Moore, Morrow, Nagata & Niven

No comments: