Sunday, May 31, 2009

Science Fiction 16 – Ursula K Le Guin

Ok, I’ve been awfully slack at adding new posts to Eye Candy for Bibliophiles, so to make for that I’ll try and put up a few new posts today.

For a start, books by Ursula Le Guin…

1973 appears to be the year that I discovered her books, when I first started work at Space Age Books. Though I have not read any of the below books for many years, they have been sitting on my bookshelves for all that time.

First Rocannon’s World and Planet of Exile both published 1966. My copy of Rocannon’s World appears to have been chewed by a puppy. I did have a dog at that time and probably read these books during her puppyhood.

leguin_rocannon leguin_planet

Next City Of Illusions (1967) and The Lathe of Heaven (1971)

leguin_illusion leguin_lathe

The Hugo & Nebula winning Left Hand of Darkness (1969) – hideous cover!

leguin_darkness

Two more from the 1970s – Orsinian Tales and The Wind’s Twelve Quarters with prettier covers than the earlier novels.

leguin_orsinian leguin_wind

Next: Lieber, Letham & Lewis

No comments: