Sunday, March 15, 2009

Science Fiction 11 – William Gibson

Even though I would like to say that I discovered William Gibson when Neuromancer was first published in 1984, it was not until 1992 that he came to my notice. After that there was no looking back and I have assiduously collected his books ever since. If I recall, it was seeing a short Cyberpunk Documentary, that inspired me to seek out his books. It was love at first read. William Gibson has since then become one of my favorite writers, and I regard him up there with Whittemore, Crowley and Peake as a masterful writer - a prose stylist of the first order.

So here’s my complete Gibson collection in various editions, mostly paperback.

Firstly, Burning Chrome and the Sprawl Trilogy

gibson_chrome gibson_neuromancer
gibson_countzero gibson_monalisa

The Bridge Trilogy

gibson_virtual_light gibson_idoru

gibson_parties

Pattern Recognition & Spook Country – Hard Cover First Editions

gibson_pattern gibson_spookcountry

Next – Goonan, Gordon and Graves.

No comments: