Thursday, January 1, 2009

C S Lewis and Tolkien

Not that I've read them for decades, I do have a complete collection of the Narnia books in Puffin paperbacks, all with illustrations, as well as the cover art by Pauline Baynes.

lewis_narnia1 lewis_narnia2 lewis_narnia3
lewis_narnia4 lewis_narnia5 lewis_narnia6

lewis_narnia7

The Tolkien paperbacks are individual copies of various works by the man or about them as is the case with The Guide to Middle Earth published by Ballantine.

tolkien_smith tolkien_tree tolkien_guide

The following edition of The Hobbit is an Unwin paperback. The cover art is by Tolkien himself.

tolkien_hobbit
Next - Arthur Ransome - Swallows & Amazons

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me that I wanted to re-read Professor Tolkien's saga in 2009. I don't think I have done since I read the entire thing out loud to my wife and step-son back in the 90s. :)

Happy New Year!

Anne S said...

A Happy New Year to you as well.

I don't plan to reread TLOTR for a while. The Peter Jackson films are too vivid in my head at the moment.